Eggs Benedict with Asparagus and Goat Cheese

8:49 PM Unknown 0 Comments


So I am a big breakfast person.  I am usually cooking for myself and my 5 year old son during the week.  He is a picky eater and usually eats something simple such as cereal, scrambled eggs or french toast from the freezer.  No matter how hard I try, he insists that everything is gross and won't attempt to eat it.  Lol!  The average 5 year old right! Anyway I made this for myself this morning with no one to share it with.  But I will make the recipe for two.

Ingredients


2 slices bread toasted and buttered

handful asparagus with ends broken off
4 large eggs
1 Tbsp butter
Olive oil
1/2 lemon juiced
1/4 cup white wine
1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
cayenne pepper {optional}
chives {optional}

Hollandaise Sauce


In double boiler, heat water on low.  Add butter to top boiler.  Wait until melted and then add 2 egg yolks mixing well and frequently making sure it stays at sauce consistency.  Add lemon juice and wine.  Continue stirring and cooking until its a thick sauce.  Remove from stove.


Steam asparagus for 4 min. or until done.  Fry eggs to your liking.  I like mine over medium. Have toast prepared.  Add fried egg to toast then asparagus, then hollandaise sauce.  Top with sprinkled goat cheese, chives and cayenne pepper. 

0 comments: