Steak tostones with green sauce

2:31 PM Unknown 1 Comments




Just to start off this blog post, it has been forever since I have posted anything on here.  Please forgive my messy post.  I promise I will make it neater and more professional in the future.  Hopefully I will be inspired to post more often.  I love cooking but when it is done I usually just want to eat it asap because my life is hectic and I am starving by the time I am done cooking.  Lol!!


How to make:

Green Sauce:  Broil tomatillos, sliced onions and garlic until slightly charred.   Add ingredients to blender along with one avocado, 1/4 cup olive oil, handful of cilantro and salt to taste.  Blend until smooth and chill in refrigerator.

Steak:  Season steak generously with adobe seasoning.  Fry on medium heat for about 6 min. each side depending on how thick the steak is.  Brush lightly with chipotle sauce.  Let set for 5 min.

Tostones:  Peel and slice plantains into inch thick chunks.  Deep fry until they float to the top.  Remove from hot oil and smash with a tortilla maker. Re-fry until floating and crunchy.  Remove and salt to taste.  { Here is a video that I found on youtube on how to make tostones if you have never made them before.}

Slice steak very thin.  Set on top of tostones.  Add sliced avocado and scoop a spoon full of green sauce on top.  Garnish with sliced green onions and cayenne pepper.
ENJOY!!!  I love Tostones!!!



1 comment:

  1. This looks wonderful. Set two more place settings, we're on our way over!

    ReplyDelete